Pages

Monday, December 7

Craving Christmas

Hello, stranger. Long time no speak. How’s the family?

Oh, mine is doing well. My brother has infected lymph nodes. I think I have an ear infection. Sister is sick, as well. She emailed me about it, which is weird. She just got an email address and emails me random things. I didn’t have an email address when I was 8, but that was a long time ago and I guess times have changed. Have you been keeping busy?

I’ve been pretty busy, too. The fall rugby season ended with a all out bash with my ruggirls, complete with jungle juice, and a frigid co-ed touch tournament, where a few people got a little too intense. The tournament was followed by me drinking on a Sunday afternoon with some friends and getting some good tipsy bonding time with my man. I went to a “formal” Friday night and got skeezed on twice Saturday. Most of my peers are pulling their hair out and memorizing the library’s hours in preparation for finals. I, on the other hand, am having a relatively easy time of it. With only one actual final, a take-home final and two brief and briefer papers to write, I’m on easy street compared to most. Call it luck of (screwing) the Irish or a wonderful dose of karmic payback, but I’m loving things right now.

Well, not all things. Maybe this is part of growing up or being away from home with all of its decorations and abilities to create the delicious baked good I keep reading about, but I’m just not in the Christmas spirit. The only thing that has really been able to put me in the mood was the handful of trips I’ve made to the mall, which is thoroughly decked out in red, green and gold (and has been since at least November 1st). But now my Christmas shopping is done, my friends’ shopping is done, I’ve filled my Salvation Army stocking, bought all the wrapping supplies I need and finished writing my holiday budget advice article for the paper.

I, once again, almost can’t wait to go home in 11 days. The Minimalist may even be with me, which should make for an interesting few days. And in 16 days I’ll once again be in New York, eating Italian pastries, slices, and soaking up the accent.

Until then, what is a girl to do when she’s craving Christmas?


Send your own ElfYourself eCards


Send your own ElfYourself eCards

No comments:

Post a Comment